The rental rates exclude:
- Excess deposit and non-waverable excess
- Additional and young driver surcharge
- Delivery and collection fees
- Non-standard accessories and equipment
- Damages/loss excluded from the insurance (see insurance)
- Damage / loss claim and fines administration fee
- Extra spare tyre charge
- Cross border permits
Cancellations & no-show
- No-show: 100% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- 1-7 days prior to arrival: 75% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- 8-15 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- 16 – 30 days prior to arrival: 25% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- A valid and unendorsed license must be produced by all drivers.
- The minimum age for authorised drivers is 25 years.
- Maximum 2 drivers allowed per vehicle.
A N$ 2000-00 deposit is kept to cover traffic fines and negligence.
The following is not covered by the insurance:
- Personal Property
- Personal injury / death
- Sandstorm and water damage
- Under-carriage damage not caused by a collision
Namibia Car Rental strongly recommends that all clients have insurance for medical expenses, baggage loss, cancellation/curtailment, default and personal injury or death due to an accident. Medical Rescue and travel insurance can be arranged on your behalf. (Prices on request)
Factors that will negate all cover:
- Gross or criminal negligence.
- Unauthorized drivers.
- Failing to obtain authorization to extend the rental.
- Not reporting an accident or loss to the Namibia Police immediately.
- Not reporting an accident or loss to Namibia Car Rental immediately.
- Not adhering to traffic, road and driving rules and regulations.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substance.
- Unsuitable or reckless driving.
- Road conditions not suitable for the type of vehicle used.
- Unauthorized cross border rentals.
- Not being able to produce keys in case of theft.
- Not reporting exact details of last known location of vehicle prior to theft.
Over Border Rental
- No vehicle may be taken out of Namibia without prior authorization and a valid permit.
- Travel is allowed to Botswana, South Africa, Southern Zambia and Victoria Falls.
The vehicle is provided complete with:
- Radio / CD Player
- Air Conditioner
- Jumper Leads
- Spare wheel, jack and spanner
Breakdown & Roadside Assistance
Assistance will be provided in the event of a breakdown or any road side emergency by our representatives authorized to do so. Where a vehicle can’t be repaired Namibia Car Rental will arrange that a new vehicle be delivered to you. Recovery of the vehicle and/or roadside mechanical assistance will necessitate extra charges and be billed to the client.
Delivery & Collection Fees (subject to change with fuel price fluctuations)